#SENShowSeries: Working alongside parents of children with SEND
Starting off week two of the SEN Show Series, Contact's Helen Davies discusses working alongside parents of children with SEND, sharing from her own experience.
In this webinar, Early Years Project Manager Helen Davies explored how to build positive, trusted relationships to draw closer to the parent’s perspective. The session is perfect for helping to support co-production and working together to maximise efficiency and generate positive outcomes.
Watch the webinar
Helen Davies' top tips
- Visit contact.org.uk/professionals
- Make contact with the local parent carer forum to discuss coproduction
- Create a list of local services to signpost parents of children with SEND - search for the 'Local Offer' and 'SENDIAS' (SEND information and advice service) on your local authority's website
- Talk to SEND families and find out what would help them most
- Work in partnership with parent carers as the expert on their child
- Contact Helen Davies (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ellie Goff (email@example.com)
- Order 'The helpful guide for families with disabled children'
- SWAN (syndromes without a name) - undiagnosed.org.uk
- National Autistic Society - autism.org.uk
- Challenging Behaviour Foundation - www.challengingbehaviour.org.uk
Take a look at all 10 fantastic free webinars in the SEN Show Series below.
See all webinars