#SENShowSeries: Preparing children and young people to return to school – making the transition
SEND Consultant and Parent Advocate Jane Friswell takes us through her top tips for preparing children and young people for the return to school.
Watch the webinar
Jane's top tips
- Share with colleagues and parents/carers and students.
- Ensure that good practice tips for effective transition remains high on whole school agenda.
- Ensure that planning for transition remains on the SLT radar for the next term as some of young people will need a term to resettle and re-establish themselves back into school.
- Talk and engage with pupils and student and request their feedback on how their transition is going and what else can school provide to support them.
- Celebrate your successes in managing effective transition with your network and with Tes SEN Team.
Useful linksWe'll be compiling Jane's full list of resources on the Tes SEN Show website shortly. In the meantime, here are some useful links from the webinar:
- Supporting children and young people with SEND as schools and colleges prepare for wider opening
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): implementing protective measures in education and childcare settings
- The Skills Toolkit
- Future Learn
- Early years: Sesame Street resources
- Primary: Axel Scheffler's book about Coronavirus
- Secondary: YoungScot resource
See all webinars